Thursday, May 2, 2013

Fun clip from "The Crimson Horror"



Classic Who fans should like this clip from Saturdays episode, "The Crimson horror". it's an interesting presentation, and it makes me wonder if the actual episode will have that olde filme quality. What I loved about it, though, was it payed homage to Tegan Jovanka, one of my favorite all time companions. First he jokingly recalls how much trouble he had getting Tegan to Heathrow airport. It took over a series for him to finally accidentally get it right, only for her to come back the next series. But what he also does was very sweet. At the sound of a scream, he tells Clara, "Brave heart, Clara", something he used to say to Tegan.

I had the pleasure to see Janet Fielding, Tegan herself, at a convention in Atlanta. This was the old days when you could get close to the stars and sometimes converse with them. before DragonCon and ComicCon I met her, Mark Strickson (Turlough), Louise Jameson (Leela), The 3rd and 5th Doctors, and I was as close to them as I am to Scott across the room. This was also when a young teen could pay for admission with his allowance. I don't know where all my pictures went, but I found these. The first is Louise Jameson, then one of both Janet Fielding and Mark Strickson, and then one of me with Janet and Mark. And I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry but you're going to see some really bad homemade highlights. I'm wearing my TARDIS key and the scarf I forced my mother to crochet, fashioned after the scarf Tom Baker wore in his final series. It's about 13 feet long and I still have it.








No comments:

Post a Comment