Saturday, April 27, 2013

Doctor Who Rumors, Quotes, and Theories

This week some interesting quotes came out about the finale (only 3 weeks away) Steven Moffat seems particularly pleased with his new monsters, The Whispermen, and if Jenna-Louise Coleman is to be believed they will be another Moffat classic. And I found what Jenna revealed about her character to be very intriguing, shedding some obscure light on the issue of who she may be. She said, "All I can say is that Clara hasn't just met The Doctor three times before..."

I already mentioned Steven Moffat's words on the finale and what may be revealed, but he also said this, "We'll also find out what makes his new companion so impossible and there's a surprise that no one has got right so far, and one that will change the course of Who forever!"

If you've read my previous posts you know I'm no fan of revealing The Doctor's name, but not once has Moffat said that this is what will happen. He has said the name of the episode, and said a secret will be revealed and of course it all sounds like what will happen, but when has Moffat ever operated that way?

As for Clara, this could somehow be tied up with the Library and River Song, since she is returning. I don't see how Clara could be River, or even the child of Rose and the metacrisis Doctor. With Jenna's new quote, I'm going with the theory I formed after "The Rings of Akhaten" and say that Clara is connected to Susan, The Doctor's granddaughter. Maybe something to do with Jenny from "The Doctor's Daughter" A friend of mine thinks she may be the TARDIS. But Moffat did ask Russel Davies to keep Jenny alive. Remember in "Hide" how strong the psychic link was because Hilla was the great x5 granddaughter of Emma, now apply the same logic to The Doctor and Clara. I just have a theory with no actual nuts and bolts of it all.

Concerning the finale, which is leading into the 50th anniversary, Steven Moffat said that no one had the surprise right so far. There are many theories out there and maybe he just hasn't heard the one I like the most. There are many thinking that John Hurt will be playing The Valeyard. Real quick, The Valeyard was an amalgamation of The Doctor's darker impulses in the future, if I remember right, somewhere between his 12th and final incarnations. I think I'll do a review of that entire season since it was under the umbrella title of "The Trial of a Time Lord"

There is an idea floating around out there that I do like. I know I saw it on io9 and Spoliertv, but I'm not sure where it originated, but they cite two independent "credible" sources. The idea is that John Hurt will play the REAL 9th Doctor, who has for some reason been suppressed or forgotten by the 3 most recent Doctors. The revelation would not be The Doctor's name, but that he is the 12th, not the 11th Doctor. Rumor or not, and most likely rumor, it's a fun idea. Think of the book from today's episode on the history of the time war. I posted a picture of it in a previous post. In "Rose", The Doctor appeared to look at his face for the first time, implying he had recently regenerated. What if he didn't regenerate from Paul McGann's Doctor, but another was in between who fought in the time war?

One more thing. From the filming pictures we have seen, it looks like David Tennant's hair is being styled they way it was in series 2, which would make sense with Rose coming back. So how will The Doctors link up I wonder.



Next a review of "Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS"


No comments:

Post a Comment